The earth element is the foundation of life. It is also the most basic of the classical and mystical elements. Furthermore, Earth’s element meaning is derived from its qualities – strength, wisdom, and nurturing. As the foundation of all things in life, the elemental Earth is associated with fertility, stability, and peace. Moreover, Earth elemental bears life thanks to the contributions of the other elements: water, fire, and air.
Earth Element Meaning
Remarkably, the elements have fascinated, compelled, and enriched people’s lives for thousands of years. In brief, in the West, the Greeks familiarised earth element meaning, but recognition of the importance of these forces permeates countless eras, philosophies, religions, and spiritual pursuits.
Undoubtedly, everything in the universe is a product of these elements. Therefore, it is not surprising that, in current-day esoterisms and astrology, the vibrational qualities of these elements play a pivotal role. Vibrations, or energy patterns, are important because they can shift your physical, emotional, and spiritual being. Moreover, many believe the Law of Vibration is the true power of manifesting your goals, dreams, and spirituality. Additionally, aligning the vibrational qualities of your elemental being and chakra energy centers is the path to health, success, and enlightenment. Therefore, it is the path to peace and transcendence.
Earth Element Meaning and Role in Opening and Balancing Your Chakras
Just as the earth is the foundation of the elements, the root chakra is the stable foundation of your chakra energy system. This is where kundalini lies, coiled and disengaged or awakened and flowing to the crown chakra. So the root chakra is your source of stability and security.
Many esoterics finds they can better heal and balance their root chakra by considering its relationship to the earth. In most cases, an earth element meditation helps shift your vibrational energy to concert with an open and balanced root chakra.
How Aromatherapy Helps to Balance Your Earth Element
However you choose to attune your chakra with your earth element, essential oil aromatherapy can boost your experience.
Naturally, the connection between essential oils and the earth element is deep. After all, essential oils are made of plants, flowers, fruits, herbs, leaves, seeds, and other matter. All these components are directly derived from the earth. However, there’s also a less literal connection. In other words, many people believe that, just as the earth has vibrational qualities, each essential oil has a vibrational frequency. Hence, the frequency of specific essential oils can help shift your physical body and emotional connection with the earth and your root chakra.
Moreover, placing earth-related essential oils in an aromatherapy burner or diffuser during meditation or yoga can enhance your connection. Since you’ll likely be meditating or practicing yoga for your earth element alignment, you may prefer to put select essential oils on aromatherapy jewelry or a talisman so you can keep the perfume of the oils close by.
Essential oils are effective during earth elements meaning meditation if they have an earthy aroma. For example, the essential oils that we link to the earth elemental include:
- Angelica root
Earth Meditation for Root Chakra Balancing
For earth meditations, you’ll want to go back to your roots. Hence, an outdoor meditation is best, connecting you to the earth element and attuning to your root chakra. Thus, feeling and honoring your connection to the earth is the perfect way to begin this meditation.
- First, settle into a comfortable seated position on the ground. A lotus or cross-legged position is always great, but you can lie down.
- Now, if it’s comfortable, make the earth mudra with your fingertips. It is touching your ring fingertip to your thumb on each hand and resting your hands on your thighs or knees.
- Then take a deep, relaxing breath, focusing on your root chakra area and feeling it sink into the ground, stable and secure.
- At all times, keep breathing in a relaxed, deep manner.
- Now try to feel how the backs of your legs, buttocks, ankles, and feet touch the earth.
- Also, feel how the red earth energy rises inside you at these connection points.
- Additionally, you can repeat earth-related affirmations.
- After 15 to 20 minutes of this meditation, conclude your session. You can do this by imagining green roots extending from your hips, growing down your legs, and taking root in the earth beneath you.
- Finally, give final thanks to the universe for the bounty and life-giving force of Mother Earth.